In recent years video has increasingly become one of the most influential marketing tools across multiple platforms. According to Forbes, in 2019, global Internet video traffic accounted for 80% of all consumer Internet traffic.
And one of the most powerful ways to create an emotional connection with your video audience is through the use of music.
Here are just some of the ways that music can contribute to your marketing video:
- To engage the audience and hold their attention
- To set the tone
- To help tell the story
- To add or intensify emotion
- To add excitement or energy
- To define topics/sections
- To create continuity
- To increase understanding
- To define the cultural or historical setting
- To support visuals and visual effects
- To help listeners identify with the subject
- To keep or redirect the audience’s attention
- To provide momentum
- To motivate
- To help “brand” a product or company
Music can be much more than audio wallpaper or a “background”. Carefully choosing and editing library music, or having custom music composed, can greatly improve the connection with the viewer and the overall effectiveness of the video.